Friday, May 22, 2009

The back yard

















The fort is the latest additon. I am attempting a square foot garden (without sun). We probably have 30 trees in our yard so we get a lot of shade. Shade other than for gardening is a good thing in Hot Old Houston. I also made some compost bins. The porch on the shed I put on a dolly and hauled through the neighborhood (someone left it on the curb to be picked up by the trash after Hurricane Ike). My dad got the pots for my container gardening attempts from a big yard in Marshall Texas. The trampoline that is front and center on the deck was suposed to fit on the side of the house, but I forgot to take in consideration the additional measurements for the frame. I guess I better mention the bunnies, "Pinkie 1 & Pinkie 2." These are Lydia's bunnies that she bought with her 5 yr old birthday money; what a gal.





























































1 comment:

Suzanne Earl said...

Nice job on the front, back, side yard and everything, very creative! We are just trying to keep our grass from turning into one big "brown patch" when we have spare time. ha ha,